The realization of a DC breaker using semiconductors requires multiple power devices with low ON resistance to be connected in parallel. On the other hand, power devices that experience current interruption enter the avalanche mode to consume the energy stored in the parasitic inductance in the circuit wiring. In other words, a DC breaker requires the current balancing of multiple power devices connected in parallel during the avalanche mode. In this paper, a method to balance the current of power devices in avalanche mode is investigated. As a result, the use of SiC-JFET with cascode connections is found to be a suitable method by 400 V experimental system.
All Science Journal Classification (ASJC) codes
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Safety, Risk, Reliability and Quality
- Surfaces, Coatings and Films
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering